For many, their first steps into Canada are in Fort Erie. The Peace Bridge links this lovely city to Buffalo, New York across the majestic Niagara River.
Fort Erie boasts a rich heritage and unique blend of rural and urban living. It plays host to a number of renowned festivals and is home to miles of beautiful beaches. Among the many features are Historic Fort Erie, home to forces who fought in the War of 1812, Crystal Beach, a summer layground and village, and Safari Niagara, an incredible interactive experience where you get up close and personal with some amazing and exotic animals.
The Fort Erie Racetrack provides one of the most spectacular venues for thoroughbred and quarter horse racing in the world and is home to the famed Prince of Wales Stakes which is the second jewel in the Canadian Triple Crown.
Along the Fort Erie shores of the mighty Niagara River winds the Niagara River Parkway, famous for being “the best Sunday afternoon drive in the world”, according to Sir Winston Churchill.
Fort Erie is versatile and cosmopolitan beyond its size. It is a recreational playground in a perfect location for your business and career and a safe community where you can raise your family.
For more information visit:
- Fort Erie Economic Development & Tourism www.forteriecanada.com
- Greater Fort Erie Chamber of Commerce www.greaterforteriechamber.com
- Fort Erie Race Track www.forterieracing.com
- Historic Fort Erie www.niagaraparks.com/old-fort-erie
- Fort Erie Museums www.museum.forterie.ca
- Fort Erie Festivals www.friendshipfestival.com
- Safari Niagara www.safariniagara.com