To have an enjoyable and safe time around your (possibly new) home & yard this summer, take some time to make sure these common hazards are taken care of.
- Put away garden hoses when not in use to prevent trips and falls.
- Keep fertilizers and other hazardous yard chemicals out of reach of animals and children.
- Put away lawn and garden tools and machinery when you’re finished with them.
- Take the key out of riding lawn mowers when they are parked.
- Maintain all garden equipment and use them only as instructed to prevent injuries to yourself or others.
- Put ladders and other home maintenance items away (preferably not accessible to kids or even home intruders!) when not in use.
- Remove dead trees or tree branches so they don’t become a hazard.
- Always supervise children whenever they are outside, and keep them clear of the areas you are mowing or trimming.
- Grilling should always be done in an open, well-ventilated area & keep kids and pets at least 3 feet away from the grill.
If you are aware of these hazards around your home, you may even see more when you take a closer look. We hope summer 2015 is a safe one & filled with lasting memories!